Saturday, June 6, 2015

a psalm

Oh Lord, Your loving kindness is sweet as honey to my tired spirit.
I long to rest in the shade of your outstretched wings
and to sit and let my soul be fed in the courtyards of your temple.
You alone satisfy and provide and I trust you with my everything.
Be near, O God, as I am being uprooted
and all my tiny roots are being torn apart from this soil
that has been my home, my community, my friends, my family.
Provide once more, prepare and allow new soil to be ready to receive me.
Let me taste and see that you are good in all things.
Though my heart be full of sorrow, as we leave and grieve,
I trust that you will provide new reasons to sing and celebrate,
in a new land with new people and a new culture.
All for your glory, dear Lord and precious Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment