Tuesday, July 9, 2013

immeasurably more

Last tuesday we received an email that said:

Hi Anna and Nathan,

Oh, you caught me! Today has been particularly hectic and I did not get a chance to email you before noon Pacific time.  BUT:

Congratulations! Your case has been submitted to court. Next we will wait for the Birth Parent court date to be assigned.

I just received word of your court submission this morning so you are on the Court Submission to BP court date step. At this rate there is technically a chance that you could travel to court before the recess, however, it is very slim.

It is almost certain that your birth parent court date will happen before the recess though. We are hoping that if families have had their BP court date and the MOWCYA comments have arrived for their case before the recess, that they will not have to go through PAIR. I will keep you updated as details on PAIR unfold.

Sorry I did not get this update to you earlier! I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!


Best,

Aloura DiGiallonardo | Africa Programs Coordinator


This email sent me silently screaming happy screams in my office last Tuesday and praising God because we were submitted to court before the scheduled recess!  Huge thanksgiving to God! One step closer to meeting our daughter, and to bringing her home forever.

 Since then, so the past week, I have prayed boldly for our little girl, for all those involved in court and getting the paperwork submitted and court dates scheduled, that God would give them ample energy and motivation to push as many cases as possible through before the courts close for the 6-12 weeks starting Aug 6th, and praying, no begging, God to allow us to be there to meet our girl and go before the judge for our court date. He answered my prayer more mightily than I could have hoped. 

We received an email today, one week later, only 7 days later (average time in between submission to court and birth parent court date is like 4-6 weeks) that our birth parent court date is TOMORROW!!!  JULY 10!!!!  shocked and amazed at God's goodness. His abundant goodness in this. Aloura told us that we won't hear anything next until they tell us when we go to court! POSSIBLY and HOPEFULLY before August 6th. I will continue to ask my Father boldly to move mountains, because He is already doing it!

All I can say in response to today, the verse that is ringing around and around in my mind is: 
Ephesians 3:20-21 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
Immeasurably more. Immeasurably more indeed!  To Him be all the glory, throughout all generations, in my life and the life of these children He is blessing me to love and raise. For ever and ever. Amen!  

No comments:

Post a Comment