Today I am grateful. As one should be on this day designated to giving thanks. But truly I am grateful.
I am grateful for this week. It's been a wonderful week. Lots of love and laughter and peace. I am grateful for peace in my current role as a mother of two.
I am so grateful for Nathan. Who kept a fire going throughout the day, sweeping up bits and pieces of wood chips off the floor so the baby didn't get them, stoking the fire, bringing in more wood, keeping his family warm.
I am so grateful for Nathan because he cleaned the house, prepped for company, thought through our Thanksgiving, washed all the dishes in the house at least twice, asked for what else he could do, willingly cleaned out dirty cloth diapers through out the day. I love this man so much. He shows me all the time what it means to love and give and serve and be grace-full.
I am grateful for a jog through the neighborhood, blue skies, wispy white clouds, warmer weather, colorful leaves dotting the yards and streets like confetti, a game of chase by the wind and the leaves, Citizens singing truth into my ears, my heart pounding, fresh air, out of the house. It was such a nice run. I am always grateful to run.
Thankful for my dad driving to our house from Bella Vista. For the way he loves Isaac and is enamored by Aniyah. Thankful for this man, my father. Thankful that I can talk openly with him about my disappointment in his decision to leave/divorce my mom, but also talk to him about my hope that God can reconcile and redeem their marriage still, if only he is willing...which he is not, sadly.
Thankful that I serve a God who loves, and loves, and loves, and loves. Who is gracious, and slow to anger, abounding in love. Grateful He chose me to be Nathan's wife, Isaac and Aniyah's mom. Grateful that his mercies are new every morning. Grateful for Jesus, the Spirit, my Father! Grateful that God reveals himself in his creation, and his written word, and through so many avenues that all speak of his glory and goodness.
I am grateful for a vibrant, energetic, loving, smart, precious little boy who is almost 4! Hilarious just isn't a strong enough word. He loves to play games, and ask questions, and have books read to him. I am grateful he is so well adjusted, so happy, so content (most of the time), so creative, so very insightful. His prayers are my favorite. I love everything about this boy. I'm so grateful for him!
I'm thankful that Aniyah is home! She is here! almost 3 weeks home. Grateful for her excited squirmy giggly smiley laughter when she sees me. Grateful she loves to walk and explore and dance (bounce up and down with her own little jig mixed in there) and that we are seeing more of her willfulness/assertiveness all the time. That she is such a happy, delightful, precious baby girl. That she is feeling better. I am so grateful.
Thankful for delicious food and so much of it. Too much of it. Pumpkin pie. Will always be my favorite. Beta carotene all day: pumpkin oatmeal, pumpkin spice latte, pumpkin pie, sweet potato casserole. And it is fun and good to cook and host people with Nathan. He is the best man. He truly is. Thankful as well for 30 minutes of uninterrupted time with the Lord each morning the past few days, which he has encouraged. It has made all the difference.
So, it's good for me to just sit and type out what I'm really thankful for today, and this year. There is way more than I could ever jot down in a blog. Things really fall into place when I keep my perspective on all that I am thankful for, and all that God is doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment