Tuesday, September 15, 2015

To Ezra on his First Birthday

Dear sweet baby boy,                                                            September 6, 2015

One year sure flew by so fast. Ok, those first few months did seem to last a super long time. There were days I thought I might lose my sanity, and there were times where I might have actually done so. When you were a new born and cried and I didn’t know how to help you, I just cried along with you while I sang to you and prayed. But God is always faithful, always good, always near. He has never forsaken His children, and He is the good Father, who has shown me grace and mercy countless times this past year as we became a family of five.

Ezra, you are simply delightful. A true joy. You are smiley and happy, you are vocal, and quite silly. You love dogs, and all animals, you become visibly excited when you see animals, and make this funny “ooo ooo ooo!” sound and try to crawl off towards whatever animal is near. You are so observant, it’s neat to watch you watch other people and your surroundings, taking it all in. You give the sweetest hugs. You give precious open-mouthed kisses. You have learned some signs lately-more, milk, and all done. You have learned that you love food and especially food that is on someone else’s plate. You are friendly towards all you meet and most of the time will let others hold you, unless you are tried or hungry then you just want Emayah. You say “mama” when you see me or want me, it sounds like “meh-meh”, but I know what you mean. I think you are trying to say other words too. You clearly said “water” a few times, and maybe even “dog” and “door” and "down", either way you are babbling and saying consonants all the time, and with inflection. You know what you are trying to communicate and it won’t be long till I can understand you better. 

You have recently started standing on your own, without anything to hold on to. Today in Sunday school you stood for a solid minute, and clapped your hands!  I have a feeling you’ll be trying to take some steps sooner than later!  You have always impressed me, little one. You are brave and independent. Just today, I set you down in the church lobby and you quickly crawled away. The next time I looked for you, just a minute later, you were all the way through the auditorium and climbing the steps onto the stage. It helps that your brother and sister are so active and adventurous. I love to make you laugh. It’s the best laughter. I kiss on your neck or toss you up on the air and you just love it! Aniyah and Isaac are always trying to make you laugh as well, they succeed easily because you love them so much. Your favorite food is probably something like sweet potatoes, yogurt, green beans, cheerios. You are a good eater though and will try most anything. 

You have been the perfect addition to our family. God knew we needed you!  He created you perfectly and we are so grateful to God always for you! I remember waking up throughout the night when you were in the co-sleeper right next to my bed and just praying “thank you so much God for this precious baby, I am so thankful.” We love you so big and know that God has big plans for your life. This next year will make you a world-traveler!  First to France then to Burkina, but you’ll be two by then. Who knows what other joys we will discover as your personality continues to emerge. 
I love you my sweet baby Irwin, always.

Emayah

PS-I'd say you have taken your first official steps. September 10, 2015!  

No comments:

Post a Comment