My best friend since 1999 came to visit. We met our freshman year at Harding, she lived across the hall and I thought I'd tell her that we should be friends, so I wrote it on her dry erase board outside her door. We became suite mates later that year and then roomed together our Jr and Sr years at Harding. She was an art major, and I was a psychology major. We shared so many funny and fun times together. Trips to Nashville, Houston, the lake house. She encouraged me when I went to Africa for a summer by helping make something called "The Anna Can (Go To Africa)", and each night at dinner we dropped change into it, my friends and roommates, it was their way to help support my trip. I encouraged her when she was looking for a job, and during first dates and big decisions. We've always been there for each other, even if from a distance these past 12 years since we both left HU.
It was such a refreshing and delightful weekend with her. I'm so glad she took the time to come see us. Elly read books to my kids, helped me with meals, taught my kids art, let Aniyah play with her hair, played Memory with Isaac, had a tea party with Aniyah, helped me load and unload kids from the van. One of my favorite parts was worshiping with her on Sunday. It is always just beautiful when we get to worship together. One heart and mind before our Father.
We cried when we parted tonight. It's so hard to say goodbye, especially when we don't know the next time we will get to see each other. It's really difficult to know that our long-distance friendship will be even longer distanced. I'm sad. But also, I know and have full confidence that we will always be connected. Through email, Skype, Facebook, packages and letters, furlough visits, and most importantly through the avenue of prayer. Thank you Jesus for being our Great High Priest, allowing us full access to the Father through prayer. Thank you thank you! Elly, I look forward to praying together, but apart these next few years! Who knows what the Lord has in store, but I trust it is good! Because He is good!


No comments:
Post a Comment