There are lots and lots of things brewing in my heart and mind. They've been "marinating" for several months now. What do I do with Jesus' words? So far, I'd consider myself faithful. But there are those verses that I can't shake. Things that I read that make me tell Nathan, "that's it, we need to sell it all now, and move across the world, Jesus says to, and I'm gonna follow him." I just don't want to be like the rich young ruler, loving my things and my comfort more than following Him. Jesus looked at the man, and loved him, but the man chose to walk away because he loved his things too much. I want to follow him at all costs. But this troubles me greatly. I have these fears because I am now a mom to a child (children). There are these dreams I have, not bad dreams at all, these things I want for them, that I might need to let go of. Tiny sacrifices. Little deaths. Is this part of dying to myself? Taking up my cross? Forsaking it all for the sake of Jesus? But if I don't, would I really choose comfort over obedience? So, in my feeble, at times fear-filled, mind I have asked God to steady my heart, give me reassurance, guidance, affirmation. I pray this lots of times daily.
And then I read this this morning: "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go for to you I lift up my soul." Psalm 143: 8
and I read Psalm 146, and then read that part about storing up treasures in heaven, for where your treasure is there your heart will be also. And about not worrying about tomorrow, and how God takes care of the birds and the flowers and how much more us, his children? And about seeking first his kingdom, and his righteousness.
And a couple blogs I follow really got me, really felt like such an answer to that prayer that I've been praying, for reassurance. One is this one: http://seesomethingmore.blogspot.com/2013/08/let-down-your-nets.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SeeSomethingMore+%28See+Something+More%29
Another is this one: http://www.caseypicker.com/archives/2010/09/20/wrestling/
I'm gonna drop my nets. I'm gonna follow hard after Jesus. I know what this will mean. And I am willing, so willing. Even if I still wrestle with all the questions, it's a start.
No comments:
Post a Comment