Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Wonderfully Made

She is crawling. I had my doubts. A friend who visits her for us twice a week hadn't seen her crawl either. She didn't try once to crawl away from us (or towards us) while we were with her.  So I've been doing some research while we wait. Pediatric physical therapists, occupational therapists, Sooner Start, and last night I spent a good amount of time just researching Amniotic Band Syndrome, which is the condition that brought her into this world without a left hand.

I found this: http://www.waramps.ca/home.html?&LangType=1033
And this: http://amnioticbandsyndrome.com/
This book: http://www.amazon.com/Zippys-Big-Difference-Candida-Sullivan/dp/1937331318
And oh my wow, this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIAP04cc6qc
Favorite line, "There isn't anything I can't do, there are only things I haven't done yet. . ." Richie Parker is beautiful. Beautiful.  And he hasn't let anything hold him back, he can do just about everything he set his mind to!

There are verses that I think about with our girl, like out of Psalm 139: 13-18 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them they would outnumber the grains of sand—when I awake, I am still with you.

And then, today, my friend who sends me pictures, sent me a video. My girl IS crawling!  Like a champ.  Like a determined go-getter-champ!  I am so proud.  I knew she could do it, just didn't think she had had the opportunity.  She is fearfully and wonderfully made, God is faithful through it all. There is nothing that she won't be able to do. 





No comments:

Post a Comment